Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Sweet spinach and Goat cheese Salad


French love their cheese, over 400 different types of it and after spending this past year in the south of France it was difficult to come back to the cheese available here in the states. When I originally thought of this salad I could not find the type of goat cheese I had had in mind. The closest I got to what I would buy in France came from Whole Foods Market, a slightly aged goat cheese with a rind. Regardless of my new found cheese dilemma this salad still turned out great and I am sure many different types of goat cheese would work just fine.  
Ingredients
Baby Spinach
Half a cup Fresh goat cheese
Two tablespoons toasted pine nuts
One Tablespoon Honey
Balsamic vinegar
Olive Oil
Salt and black pepper
Method
Wash the baby spinach and put it in a salad bowl, then cut the goat cheese and crumble on top. Meanwhile toast the pine nuts in a pan on a low heat, when they are golden brown add to the top of the salad.  Dress the salad with balsamic vinegar and olive oil. After adding the dressing, sprinkle the salad with a spoonful of honey and add salt and pepper to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment