Monday, June 6, 2011

Carrot and turnip Salad


This simple healthy salad is a perfect accompaniment to a meal. I learned this recipe from my French Family friends in the South of France but changed it up a little by adding the Carrots.
Ingredients
One white Turnip
Three Carrots
Parsley
Olive Oil
White Balsamic Vinegar
Salt and Pepper

Method
Start by skinning the Turnip and the carrots and grate them into a salad bowl, you should have a nice mix and orange and white. Cut up fresh parsley and mix in with the salad followed by two tablespoons of olive oil and a tablespoon of white balsamic vinegar. Add the salt and pepper to taste.

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely, healthy salad Selene. It reminds me of the salads my friend had when she was in Paris recently.

    All you had to do was mention the south of France to get my attention. We spent two fabulous months in Provence several years ago. I will definitely be trying this salad very soon.

    By the way, j'adore the name of your blog.
    A bientot,
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your positive feedback. I spend the last year living in Provence France and it has had a huge influence on me. Keep checking back for more french inspired dishes.
    à bientôt
    Selene

    ReplyDelete